Since its creation, Instagram has served as a powerful marketing tool for businesses looking to expand their presence and product awareness. Because Instagram is a highly visual platform, it's a great social media marketing tool for showcasing cool, innovative, interesting, and beautiful products and services. Industries such as fashion, food, travel, beauty, home decor, gardening, and events are finding great success by adding Instagram engagement to their marketing plans.
We'll share why businesses can greatly benefit from an Instagram account and provide tips for optimizing your Instagram presence.
Why your business should be featured on Instagram
Find out 12 reasons why Instagram is becoming an increasingly important business platform and how your company can benefit from using the social media site.
1. More and more people are using Instagram.
With 2 billion monthly users, Instagram is extremely popular, especially among young people. Furthermore, according to Statista data, 63% of US users access the social platform daily and 97% do so monthly. With so much attention to draw, there's no limit to the success a business can achieve with an Instagram-only strategy.
2. Businesses of all sizes can succeed on Instagram.
Because Instagram has so many users with different needs and interests, businesses of all sizes and in all industries can grow on the platform. Success doesn't come overnight, but if your marketing team wants to put your organization on the map, Instagram can help.
Businesses can increase brand awareness and connect with their target audience by maintaining an active presence and maintaining a routine of at least one post each day. In this way, famous companies such as Coca-Cola and Adidas, as well as many small and medium-sized businesses, have successfully used Instagram effectively.
3. Businesses can make money from Instagram.
There are several ways for businesses to make money on Instagram.
- Direct sales from Instagram: Instagram has evolved to enable e-commerce sales on the platform. Instagram home page[ショップ]Tabs helps users discover and shop from brands directly through their Instagram profiles, posts, and stories.
- Shoppable posts: Instagram offers shoppable posts. This allows businesses to add tags to products in photos and add links that include product descriptions, prices, and the ability to “buy now” to direct users to their online store.
- Partnership with brand ambassadors: Businesses can partner with brand ambassadors through sponsored posts and affiliate marketing. These partnerships help you generate more sales leads and increase sales.
4. Instagram makes your business more relatable.
Instagram is a great way to show potential customers that you're not a faceless company. Live events and Instagram Stories, in particular, can show your brand's personality.
- Instagram stories: Use Instagram Stories to give a behind-the-scenes look at your company and the people who work there. Examples include a video showing how a product is made, a story showing employees interacting in an office, or a series of posts showing a company active in the community.
- Instagram live event: Instagram live events are a great way to build trust and trust with your followers. You can host a live Q&A session similar to Facebook Live Q&A. Similar to Instagram Stories, live events give you an inside look at your company.
When consumers see you as more than just someone trying to take their money, you build brand authority on Instagram and create more trust.
5. Businesses can partner with influencers to increase brand awareness.
Consider leveraging influencers to build your brand. Influencers are high-level, powerful social media users with huge followings. They can be celebrities or popular niche users who promote products or brands, often introducing new products into the mainstream.
Trusted influencers can increase the ROI of your digital marketing and take your company's sales to new levels by reaching demographics you wouldn't normally reach. By having influencers promote your products, you can promote your business to thousands or even millions of followers in just a few posts.
6. Hashtags increase the visibility of your business on Instagram.
As a new business, you may be intimidated by competition. However, with the right use of hashtags, you can separate your company from the crowd.
Popular Instagram hashtags such as Coca-Cola's #ShareaCoke, Charmin's #TweetFromTheSeat, and Calvin Klein's #MyCalvins have shaken up industries and become cornerstones of pop culture that further bring awareness to these popular brands.
Even if your company is small, using effective hashtags can do wonders to distinguish your business from the crowd.
7. Instagram helps businesses effectively engage with their customers.
Engaging your audience on social media is a major social media marketing goal for businesses, and Instagram is a great engagement platform. Instagram allows you to engage with your customers every day by asking them to share their feedback and opinions.
Instagram is a platform where users can like, comment, and share their favorite posts. The more likes and comments you get on your Instagram posts, the more attention your company will get. Get more likes by taking high-quality photos, using local hashtags, and partnering with other brands.
8. Instagram helps businesses harness the power of mobile.
Unlike Facebook and Twitter, which started as browser-based sites, Instagram was created as a mobile app. According to eMarketer data, mobile users spend 88% of their time using apps, making Instagram a natural destination for mobile users.
Take care to ensure your business' Instagram posts are optimized for mobile screens and mobile accessibility. Instagram's clean style contrasts with Facebook's more cluttered view, so prioritizing your Instagram posts can increase your reach and engagement.
9. Instagram helps businesses monitor their competitors.
Your company can use Instagram to monitor your competitors and see how they interact with their followers. Pay close attention to how often you post, what you post, and how you engage with your followers. You can use this information to learn from their failures, draw inspiration from their successes, and better define your strategy.
10. Instagram offers many ways for businesses to get creative.
A big advantage of a photo sharing app is the creativity it offers. Instagram allows marketing teams to get excited and create new ways to get noticed, gain followers, and add customers.
Use a mix of social media contests, shoutouts, vibrant images, interactive videos, and more to show the public that your brand has personality and is cool to shop with.
11. Businesses can reach new customers through Instagram ads.
Instagram ads allow you to reach new customers with customizable and trackable ads. Target specific demographics, link to your website, and gather valuable user data to inform other social media marketing campaigns.
12. Businesses can use Instagram Insights to hone their social media marketing strategies.
If you're starting a social media marketing strategy for your business, Instagram Insights provides specific and relevant information about who your followers are and how your content is performing. We use this data to inform and improve other social media marketing campaigns.
Insights provides key social media metrics and information about your followers' age, location, time spent on the app, and more. You can also see how each post is performing and the best times to post.
Monitor Instagram comments and mentions and share user-generated content like positive customer reviews to increase engagement.