On October 19, 2023, we will host the first-ever America's Top Small Business Gala to honor and award $25,000 in cash prizes to this year's seven regional finalists, selected from approximately 15,000 applicants. We have announced the grand prize winners. !
We are excited to announce the 2023 Grand Prize winners.
Elderly Instruments in Lansing, Michigan!
Elderly Instruments, a Great Lakes Region finalist, aims to be a welcoming musical haven where everyone, regardless of background or musical experience, can play and purchase quality fretted instruments and accessories at affordable prices. We are a family-run music shop with the mission of Great price.
Now, Lillian Werbin, daughter of co-founder Stan Werbin, is the second generation to lead the facility, with a staff of approximately 40 full-time employees who are committed to not only the team but the community. We remain committed to what we value and participate in the revitalization. Old Town Lansing actively supports national and local nonprofit efforts that uplift the voices of his LGBTQ+ community and people of color within the bluegrass genre.
[Read more about Elderly Instruments here: Elderly Instruments Aims to Be a ‘Conservator of Musical Heritage’]
I would also like to congratulate the other six finalists…
We are extremely proud to name each of these companies as finalists for America's Top Small Businesses. All finalists have demonstrated exemplary levels of business leadership, ambition and passion. To learn more about the finalists, be sure to check out their profiles below.
- Alaska Premier Auctions & Appraisals LLC— Anchorage, Alaska (Northwest Regional Finalist)
- Cargo Gardens—Freehold, New Jersey (Eastern Regional Finalist)
- PLAY Pet lifestyle and you— San Francisco, California (Western Regional Finalist)
- river rock outfitter—Fredericksburg, Virginia (Southeast Regional Finalist)
- Shakopee Brewhall – Taproom & Coffee House—Shakopee, Minnesota (Midwest Regional Finalist)
- Waggin Tales Pet Ranch—Fulshear, Texas (Southwest/South Central Regional Finalist)